The widespread availability of remote work has made it possible for parents to stay home with their kids while still earning an income. Although this solves a lot of problems for parents, working from home with kids underfoot is far from easy. How are you ever going to find the time to get your work done? As impossible as it may seem, many parents have found time-saving solutions. Here are some tips to help you juggle your parenting and remote work at the same time!
Optimize Your Schedule
There are only so many hours in the day, so make the most of your available time by optimizing your work schedule.
- Get up early and start your day before your kids wake up.
- Work when you have the most energy.
- Use productivity apps to stay on track so you can prevent household chores from stealing your attention.
- Identify and eliminate daily time-wasters like social media or email.
Keep Your Kids Entertained
Finding ways to keep your kids entertained at home can easily eat up your whole workday. Be prepared with plenty of fun games and educational activities so you can redirect their attention when you need to focus.
- A jumper can entertain and engage your baby for a long time!
- When your kids are old enough, you can let them enjoy some screen-time while you plug away at your work.
- Encourage your children to engage in creative play and come up with their own games. Remember, boredom can be good for kids!
- If possible, take your work outside and let your kids play in the backyard.
Prepare and Plan Ahead
From writing to-do lists to preparing your meals in advance, there are several ways you can prepare for the work-week to save time every day.
- When you have some free time on the weekend, prep all of your meals for the coming week.
- You can also use the weekends to make and store all of your baby food for the week!
- Create a daily to-do list so you can focus on your most critical tasks. Those non-essential items can wait another day.
- Remember to include some “me time” in your daily schedule so you can relax and relieve stress.
Raising kids and working from home is like holding down two full-time jobs at the same time. The key is to find small ways to save time every day, whether this means putting your baby in a jumper so you can get another 10 minutes of work done or meal-prepping during the weekends so you can get to bed a little earlier in the evenings. Find what works for you!
Have a new baby on the way? If you’re expecting a girl, check out My Girly Names for baby name ideas!
Written by :